Petztin (Pessentin; Polish: Piastoszyn [pjasˈtɔʂɨn]) today is a village in the administrative district of the municipal Kęsowo within Tuchola County, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-central Poland. It lies approximately 8 kilometres (5 mi) north of Kęsowo, 9 km (6 mi) west of Tuchola, and 60 km (37 mi) north of Bydgoszcz. During the years 1975 - 1998 the village administratively belonged to the province of Bydgoszcz. The village had a population of 560 in 2006.
The Deutscher Ritterorden (Teutonic Order) had installed an Ordenshof (yard of the order) in Petztin, which became a Starosteivorwerk (outlying estate) in Polish times (1466 - 1772). It is documented, that Franz Lucowicz bought it from Starost Michael Anton Graf Sapiecha in 1753 who gave it to the municipal of Petztin.
The Teutonic Order had installed an Ordenshof (yard of the order) in Petztin, which became a Starosteivorwerk (outlying estate) in Polish times (1466 - 1772). In 1744 Pawel Rhode used to be Schulz and Oberschulz of Petztin. It is documented, that Franz Lucowicz bougth the Starosteivorwerk from Starost Michael Anton Graf Sapiecha in 1753 who gave it to the municipal of Petztin later: He assigned it to Schulz (village major, lat. sculteto) Andreas Behrendt, son of Laurentius Behrendt, and the whole village in 1766. Andreas Behrendt and his wife Helene Elisabeth Patin from Deutsch Cekzin had been acknowledged by King Stanislaus August as Schulz of Petztin during the same year. Andreas Behrendt's successor was his son Anton Berendt, followed by Anton Berendt's son Anton Joseph Behrendt. From 1882 - 1885 Joseph Behrendt was a member of parliament for the electorial district Konitz-Tuchel. His son August Maria Behrendt inherited the commission. He was followed by his sons Maria Leo Behrendt and Johannes Behrendt
In 1773 Petztin had 202 inhabitants including Schulz Andreas Behrendt. The following farmers were documented: Thomas Klunder, Casimir Schwemin, Paul Scheffts, Lorentz Schreiber, Adam Gehrs, Mattes Weyland, Martin Klinger Lorentz Scheffts, Krüger Johann Weyland, Georg Behrendt, Mattes Goersch and Lorentz Görsch.
To be continued ...
Petztin; village road, inn and cement plant, 1907
Map of Petztin (Piastoszyn)
Map of Koschneiderei; Petztin in the very eastern part of Koschneiderei